segunda-feira, 27 de setembro de 2010

Professional friend

I'm a friendly person; that's all. Anything other than that comes naturally, so don't expect. I don't smile to show I care, I don't call because that's what I'm supposed to do. I'm one of those people who will never keep a politeness book in the bag, and I'm not sorry. You should know I'll never ask you to do differently or the same. I'll never wait for you to call, I'll never beg you to be there - I've been right where you are... and it hurts. Grudge is a word I had to learn, and now I know resentment has never been part of my 24/7. So much happens every minute of my every day that I simply don't remember whos or whats! I'm not used to bearing a grudge, but again I don't expect you to understand. Actually, we shouldn't expect anything from anyone; that's the only way to feel truly free. I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't be bothered to become a professional friend, and it's totally fine by me if you disagree. I'm friendly - no more, no less. Take it or leave it.

3 comentários:

  1. One hour after read your text, I read that sentence in a interview...

    "I must be cruel, only to be kind" [William Shakespeare Hamlet]

    Perfect coincidence !

    ResponderExcluir
  2. No one knows what it's like
    to be the bad man
    to be the sad man
    behind "brown" eyes...

    ResponderExcluir