terça-feira, 28 de setembro de 2010

I dare you

Today I woke up with this plundering desire... to dare. It was such an overwhelming feeling that my heart started beating fast, faster and faster to the point I could no longer see. Eventually I started asking myself why. Why me? Why now? Why should I? Maybe I could dare for the sake of practice - we both know I could easily dare out of love. Real love doesn't just fade away, doesn't wear off; it drives us to the unimaginable non-stop; it offers a single-ticket ride towards the unknown, and we both know there's no way back. At this point it feels so good to be away with the fairies... It's pure and true, but it's not the answer. Let's face it: no matter how hard I try to enlighten, to sweeten, to ennoble my existence, I'll always feel like a blister in the sun. No more lies - I must dare in the name of weariness. Being tired shuts down each and every possibility of believing. Not believing opens up such a huge hole in our chests that we spend more time trying to heal it than actually trying.

O valor das coisas não está no tempo que elas duram, mas na intensidade com que elas acontecem. Por isso existem momentos inesquecíveis, coisas inexplicáveis e pessoas incomparáveis. (F.Pessoa)

I have no idea what might happen if I were not so very tired. My only truth is not in books or sweet dreams, is not wrapped in silk: today I must dare to, against all my own odds, keep breathing... I dare you to live with me - I dare us both to do a bit more than surviving.

2 comentários:

  1. This is amazing. The precision with how you depict it and the poetic placement of words draw a picture more real and beautiful than any picture. This is definitely worth a 1000 pictures.

    ResponderExcluir