domingo, 12 de maio de 2013

Detached

Trust is something strange, but even stranger is the so-called belief. Believing is passionate: you simply assume there are no better options available. Life goes by, and after so many years, you and only you are the one to blame. I was raised to believe I was alone and to trust no one but my own gut. Oh, but how tiring... The misconception of the word family rings bells in my mind, though I can't figure out what to think of mine. This strong sense of not belonging, not fitting in makes me think I could be anywhere else building up relationships with strangers who would actually come to care a lot more about who I am and what I need. I have to thank no one but my parents for showing me nobody is guilty of anything - we just happen to make unfortunate choices based on our own lack of a good role model every now and again. Everyone has problems and we try to do the best we can despite how damaged we might be - children are supposed to understand, to learn what not to do, to overcome; to bear and succeed. Sarcastic? Overwhelming? How about... empowering? I'd say the answer lies on what you think of yourself and the place you occupy in this world. For now, the only thing I know is that I'm relieved to share a home with a potential stranger instead of living with people I haven't chosen to be with. Hum... strange sense of freedom - I guess I'll trust that. Believing, on the other hand, requires more passion than I'll possibly have in me.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário