terça-feira, 10 de julho de 2012

Dia 326

I've had strange dreams lately, and felt somehow strange. I've been listening to too much music, reading too many ideas that are not mine, and it's making me reconsider the value of my contributions to this world. Today I watched MTV for 5 minutes and came to the conclusion that the Syndrome of Importance has slowly, gradually been replaced by the Syndrome of Individuality. People do want to feel different from the rest, don't they? I'm starting to think that for many people this is what's worth fighting for - uniqueness, onliness... loneliness forgive me, but what a bore to be the one and only! The other day a guy from a shitty band told me that everything is a matter of money - even in music. He told me that nowadays there are call centres which are hired to call the radio stations and music programmes all day long asking for a song to be played again; that bands need to pay a lot of money for their songs to play on the radio; that all these music awards are deeply corrupted. Yeah, we've seen Radiohead's Creep, Silverchair's Im a freak, while Pitty has asked you to be yourself even though it's bizarre - and what a bizarre song by the way -, but I don't know... I look around and wait for someone to come and save me, for something to rescue me from this strange system surrounding my steps, this mechanic way of life dragging me down with no mercy, day after day. I don't know what I want to do, who I wanna be, and I guess struggling to be different sounds as pathetic as settling down and living like everybody else. Then I listened to this song and I figured: this is exactly what I'd like to sing to my consciousness...

2 comentários:

  1. Kitas,

    lembro de já ter colocado aqui um comentário que toca, nem que seja de leve, neste mesmo tema. Pois bem, sem medo de soar repetitivo, penso que os links abaixo fazem essa ponte entre o post do Dia 326 - tá acabando, hein? - e o que eu mesmo acho a respeito dessa história de "look for something to rescue me from this mechanic way of life dragging me down with no mercy".

    1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaA---phC90

    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek8ejHBZ1uo

    3. http://www.moq.org/forum/Pirsig/cruisingblues.html

    Abraço, do

    Miguel


    PS 1: Tudo isso é porque, afinal de contas, eis aí no horizonte o dia do Rock, uai!

    PS 2: O texto do Pirsig é a título de food 4 thought. Hope you like it. A little excerpt:

    When depression is seen as an unavoidable part of one's life, it becomes possible to study it with less aversion and discover that within it are all sorts of overlooked possibilities. To begin with, depression makes you far more aware of subtleties of your surroundings.

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. True, my dear friend, very true... I just wonder if moaning will ever be acknowledged as some form of charm - that's the only way I can seem a little bit more friendly and less annoying ;) Miss our surreal talks - up for a beer (or should I say Liber?) anytime soon? Let's toast to the strike and its way positive results, shall we? x

      Excluir