segunda-feira, 18 de junho de 2012

Dia 319

This was the first song I learned in an English class - I mean, a proper song, not from a coursebook, not adapted so that I could pretend I was singing a real song in English. I've somehow managed to keep it inside my heart for all these years, word by word; only today, however, did I make sense of what they truly mean.

"Perhaps love is like the ocean
full of conflict, full of pain
like a fire when it's cold outside
thunder when it rains
If I should live forever
and all my dreams come true
my memories of love will be of you..."

Perhaps love is something worth fighting for; perhaps it's just another bedtime story, one that helps us all have a better night's sleep. What we cannot deny is that it's in the air, everywhere, for better or for worse.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário