segunda-feira, 17 de junho de 2013

My way

How many times have I said enough? Oh, dear... plenty. I've tried to care, to ignore, to understand, to see through it, to stay away - and it's still there, right there, in the middle of everything. No way to stop it, is there? No way to stop that bus and say it was all my fault, and apologize, and leave as one. No way to teach you how to dance, to introduce you to my friends, to say there's nothing to fear, that light is gonna come. I can see some of my feelings staring at me, asking me to stand up once again, to keep my walk-on part on the war, to believe - well, should I really? Tonight I was in a daze, heartbeat so uneasy, so misplaced... I drove away and went out dancing. How amusing! Dancing for all - all of those who want to forgive, all of those who need  to forget. A moment to remember you're pretty, you're strong... you're breathing! Suddenly my body didn't belong to me; for some time my soul flew wild and free, seeking for no friends and no enemies, no names on the streets, no numbers. I closed my eyes and let pure melodies drive me, and wondered why no one would ever do the same good to me as music does, thinking why in heavens we tame ourselves to keep what's never been ours to take, why we are always too busy to read our own minds  and give it all a break... Tonight is one of those nights I can't sleep - time to remember I'm very much alive and smile as I think about it...

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário