domingo, 18 de março de 2012

Dreams be dreams

I wanted to write, but then I thought... nevermind. I went to sleep, feeling a bit lost and somehow incomplete; all the things you didn't say quickly occurred to me; every single step you didn't take made me believe the blame was on my feet. I would have kept fighting, but my eyelashes locked up reason  till the next morning, and tiredness took me to a place I no longer felt sorry. And there, so far away from the life I live, I felt somebody looking at me. The night was dark, but those eyes would never lose sight of what they were so eagerly seeking. I saw a shadow coming through the blinds of an open window, but the door was closed; I waited and my body felt cold. So many people passed by and I just wouldn't see... I waited and shivered when you closed the window; the door was open and there you stood, weary eyes from all you had seen, hands in your pockets and dirt on your knees. I closed my eyes and felt your arms around my waist, your sweet breath blowing in my face like the most beautiful song. Our lips slowly found their way; our minds flew to a place only we knew, and there we were safe. It felt like always rather than sometimes; our eyes said hello instead of goodbye... and yet here I am: living the same life once again, one where you don't belong, listening to one of our songs and thinking of this last dream; wondering if you really met me, saw me, felt me, danced me to the music your heart was singing.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário