sábado, 18 de junho de 2011

Diamonds

You looked at me; I looked at the clock, then at myself. No different from what I had been five minutes or ten years ago - precisely uncertain, predictably childlike. There was no clue on what to say back then; that's exactly what you needed; I was a natural at screwing up. I gotta tell you one thing: it's hard to work a diamond in the rough. Time-consuming. Patience-oriented. Heart-melting. Spell-breaking. You just couldn't be bothered to get your hands dirty, always too busy saving the world from your pitiful figure. Once in a  blue moon a brave warrior takes up the challenge; once in a lifetime it's worth it. Exhausting, terrifying, selfless, unexpected. After such an experience, there is so very much to see... You just happened to be passing by, and couldn't believe your eyes. I'm finally ready; you feel it's time to win. I could be fitter, blonder, smarter, yes I could, but the way I am no longer disturbs you. Anything can come in handy once it's for free, init? Pretty much like you: shameless enough to take the underground and join the race at the final half-mile. Definitely naughty, huh? Nah... patetic sounds more like it. Diamonds are quite expensive indeed - only very few are able to trade them for a promise.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário