segunda-feira, 9 de dezembro de 2013

What's the time

Yes: time heals. It does. Time has created a safe distance between my present and times I was physically and emotionally violated; times I desired beyond my power; times I lived the impossible in my mind because I couldn't bear the thought of handling something real;  times I was not happy about being myself; times I dared to spread my pearls among bums. Today I remembered an ex-boyfriend... the idea of getting undressed in front of him, sharing a bathtub, singing in his ear, it all seemed so... awkward... having loved him felt strange, simply because the love file with his name on had been long erased from my PC. I felt awkward, then slightly embarrassed, and eventually I couldn't even wish he were happy because it sounded cheesy and surprisingly fake - there was nothing there at all, as though we had never met. 

So the answer is yes - time washes away the good and the evil, for better or worse. The interesting part of it, however, is the fact that we cannot programme how time operates - it could take minutes or decades to bury a memory, which means that digging a hole and throwing a piece of your mind into it won't do the trick - believe me. The better we try, the more we recall. When I came to terms with this undeniable truth, I decided to face my fears one by one - I thought life would give everyone a chance to explain, to try again or walk away... to say whatever there was to say. I guess that's why I waited so long for a couple of answers that never showed. Why, I had to make them up on my own - and life kept its frantic pace everywhere else on this planet. All I know is I've taken my chances - and what I can tell you is this: failing feels much better than trying helplessly to conceal a regret.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário