domingo, 16 de dezembro de 2012

Medecins sans frontieres

What a thrilling experience to go somewhere you know nothing of... to see lips moving here and there without hearing what they have to say... Would it be worth the while anyway? I didn't think so. Laying down on a cold bed, humbly exposed while some make quite a show out of your misery. 'They need to learn' - so I've heard. I've been put to sleep till it was time to wake up, in a quieter spot, wearing different clothes, too dizzy to say I actually cared, too slow to claim for whatever felt closest to comfort. My weary eyes walked around spasms of pride echoing from all sides of the room with no honest reply. I was told I would survive, and that should suffice. Even if our bodies are so fragile as to pay the price, our souls are much stronger than we consider them to be: they carry such a great desire to hope  that the heart usually wins - we wrap our tiny selves in thoughts covered with silk... and feel glad to be alive once again.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário