sexta-feira, 28 de janeiro de 2011

I will always be untrue

Today I was listening to a wonderful song by The Doors called "I will never be untrue". Then I thought of Jim Morrison, of everything I know about him, and I realised how similar we all are. How much we beg ourselves to act different from yesterday, from last weekend, from ten years ago. God, we do try hard, don't we? But what's the fucking point? We keep screwing up so bad that at a certain moment there's no hope of being better, nicer,  warmer. We promise to behave, to stop drinking, to please, praise and believe, as if it was the only right thing to do. We run against time, try to care, and every day we miss the last bus. Then we cry, get lost, feel confused and eventually conclude it's hopeless to be given a chance anyway.  There's no use in complaining: some people will always get on the next train and take the streets for their best friends. "I will never be untrue" is the most beautiful lie I have ever heard - I can't even be true to myself, for Christ's sake!  Maybe that's what love is all about...

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário