terça-feira, 11 de dezembro de 2018

Let it out, let me in

It's hard to tell how many times I've wandered around, trying to make sense of this world, of myself, of the so many lines in between. No chances have been lost, no lust has been lured into my weary skin. I kept digging and digging around my pros and cons, striving to heal my broken bones, out of control... See, I was looking for light in your eyes so often blurred... I was looking for warmth in your arms so easily shut... craving for answers I, so brave, could not bear to find. They kept coming and I wouldn't change my mind. Is it love or despair, truth or dare, fear of the unknown - defensiveness to the old and wounded ones! - or, at last, a chance to lay low? Take it slowly, they all say; make one wise choice a day, drink water and live well - such practicity surely rings a bell. Easier taught than learned? Then preach for the upcoming turn: the moment in which you see what is there to see, you taste what is there to taste, you touch what is there to touch - and you cry of joy and regret, for you have so much... People you've never met, places you haven't been - thirst for living shouldn't be a sin. Do not be unkind when trying to find answers in places the wind has blown; it is not a bed of roses to grow sane and old. And if by any chance your freedom and pleasure to be you let somebody else down, have the courage to admit that right here, right now, you own that pot of gold called your life... and feel ready to take it to town ;)

Um comentário: