domingo, 10 de março de 2013

I wanna thank you

My dear God,

On this very special day, I would like to thank you.
Thank you because I have a family who supports me, who loves me and shall always be there for me.
Thank you because my parents are both heroes who have, in their own particular way, escaped, survived, risen above and given me an example of conduct.
Thank you for the inumerous things I didn't get to do - especially for those I insisted that were important and never happened.
Thank you for always providing for me and my family, and for giving us enough material support to have a comfortable and pleasant life.
Thank you for holding me tight whenever I'm true to myself, and for holding me back when I try not to.
Thank you for the tears I've shed with or without a reason, for they've cooled my eyes down and made me see what really mattered.
Thank you for keeping values such as greed, hunger for power and arrogance far from my heart.
Thank you for giving me enough sensitivity to enjoy what is right and learn from what is wrong.
Thank you for helping me understand and accept what is not meant to be.
Thank you for never leaving me alone, for always carrying me through the hardest times.
Thank you for believing that I am a good person, and for teaching me the true meaning of this path.
Thank you for giving me a mission that I so honorably embrace: EDUCATION in each and every sense, for each and everyone, in each and every step along the way.
Thank you for turning me into a dreamer, a questioner, but above all, a servant of your good will.
Thank you for showing me that I can give a practical contribution to this world that we so selfishly call ours.
Thank you for my health of body and spirit which have helped me achieve something bigger every day.
Thank you for the valuable lessons on humbleness, kindness, gratitude and active engagement.
Thank you because on this day, all I'd like to ask is the strength to offer the other cheek.
Please forgive me for the times I wasn't true or kind or selfless or wise. Thank you for giving me opportunities to keep on trying my best.
Thank you for blessing my body and soul with genuine goodness.
Thank you for the blessed night I'm about to have. 
Thank you for all this.
Thank you for all.
Thank you for...
Thank you.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário